Post by Focus on Apr 9, 2013 9:39:11 GMT
A 24-YEAR-OLD yesterday denied “cruelly” treating a young girl for his “own sexual satisfaction”.
Mohammed Hussain, one of nine men accused of running a child sex ring in Oxford, told the Old Bailey the 14-year-old girl had told him she was 17 before he had sex with her.
He also said he thought she was older as she drank alcohol and smoked.
He told the jury it would be “revolting” for a man his age to have sex with an underage girl.
The jury also heard defendants Bassam Karrar and Zeeshan Ahmed will not take the witness stand to defend themselves against child sex charges.
Karrar is suspected of raping an 11-year-old girl at the same time as his brother Mohammed, who testified last week.
Hussain, who faces three charges of sexual activity with a child, admitted he had sex with the complainant known as Girl 5 and described her as “bubbly”, “confident”, and “well developed”.
Hussain, who worked in a petrol station, said they would make jokes, listen to music and text each other, adding: “We used to have fun.
“It was like we were dating but we did not quite get there.
“We were friends and we had sex on occasions as well.”
He later said: “She must have had a lot of friends like me.”
Hussain told the jury he found out Girl 5 was 14 when his solicitor told him after his arrest in March last year. He said: “I couldn’t believe it.”
He said he would never have had sex with her if he had known, adding: “It’s not like me. I find that revolting.”
Hussain also denied knowing the teen lived in a children’s home.
But prosecutor Neil Moore, cross-examining, said he must have known how old she was given the time they spent together.
He said: “It’s absolutely inconceivable that you knew this girl so well and for so long and didn’t know she was 14.”
Hussain had sex with the child in Marsh Park, the Nanford Guest House, and in the bathroom at a Regent Street house party, the court heard.
However, he denied it when prosecutor Neil Moore said: “You had sex with her in these places because you knew perfectly well she was 14.”
Hussain said he first took Girl 5 for sex at the Nanford Guest House in Iffley Road because it was “nearby” and “cheap”.
He denied ever having sex with her in front of anyone else.
Mr Moore said to Hussain: “You treated her cruelly I suggest for one purpose only – for your own sexual satisfaction.” He replied: “Not at all sir. Not at all.”
So far, four defendants have taken the witness stand and four have decided not to.
The defendants deny all the charges. The trial is due to hear the defence case of the ninth defendant Bilal Ahmed today.
- Kamar Jamil, 27, of Aldrich Road, Summertown, Oxford, denies five rapes, two charges of conspiracy to rape, one of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and one of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Akhtar Dogar, 32, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies five rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Anjum Dogar, 31, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies three rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Assad Hussain, 32, of Ashhurst Way, Rose Hill, Oxford, denies rape and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Mohammed Karrar, 38, of Kames Close, Cowley, denies seven rapes, four charges of conspiracy to rape, two of trafficking for sexual exploitation, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, serious sexual assault, conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child, using an instrument to procure a miscarriage, and supplying a Class A drug to another.
- Bassam Karrar, 33, of Hundred Acres Close, Cowley, denies three rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two charges of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Mohammed Hussain, 24, of Horspath Road, Cowley, Oxford, denies three charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, of Palmer Road, Wood Farm, Oxford, denies two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Bilal Ahmed, 26, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead, denies sexual activity with a child.